Re: How Many Players?

it is a vicious cycle, not enough players to support new features, new players won't stay because there is not enough new features/incentives to stick around or not enough active players (double edged sword, not enough active players and not enough players staying to build the player base) which comes back to the first thing, not enough players to support code generation for new features (fleet types/building types/defense types/more uses for moons, etc.)

We don't need new and more different types of ships,
new buildings / mines, nor more powerful new defenses,
"atomic Cannons and Atomic Bombers, Gravitation Bombers and cannons,
Orbital Battle Stations, and Modules to send Resources into indefinite orbit where they can't be raided
"
altho; I did suggest a couple new things to the Game play

That is just ---"more of the same things" ---- the Game already has,
Players would just build and add the "New Ships" to the fleet they already have,
and do the same thing with that fleet
that they now do,
Turtles would just build these "New defenses" along with the defenses they now build

That is just ---"more of the same things" ----
and will only get the same results as now
and the Game play will not change,

Zorg needs to change the way the game is played, not the games pieces

hand,

the problem is that new players don't know how to play the game. As soon as they get past 10k points (if they stick around that long), they have no chance of building up enough defenses or fleets to match those of experienced players and will get discouraged very quickly.

A new player might feel proud about finally have 100 BS, until they get attacked by a player who has 100k BS.

just my thoughts

Daveynator wrote:hand,

the problem is that new players don't know how to play the game. As soon as they get past 10k points (if they stick around that long), they have no chance of building up enough defenses or fleets to match those of experienced players and will get discouraged very quickly.

A new player might feel proud about finally have 100 BS, until they get attacked by a player who has 100k BS.

just my thoughts
That can be over come fairly easily if you plan for it
some of the best hits I have made have not been my attacking another player
but
ACS Defending smaller players,
Tell the new-be they need to build an acs depot,
and if they are attacked, PM you asap so you can launch an ACS defend fleet,

I have been known to send a new-be player the resources needed to build the depot,
then use his small fleet as "Bait" hoping your target player will launch on it,

It does take a little planning ahead,
Just another strategy as part of the game
"Bait" your opponent into making a foolish attack and "Slap" him for it

ask Dragonoid

Then send him a big smillie
:lol:

Buzzard, I wonder if you are playing now? If not, why? Are you burned? Standard activity is rising right now following the x-treme rise in x-treme :P

It is mostly the players that make the server. Standard universe has the most busy players of all. I remember when Standard had the most active users than all (now it loses to X-TREME BIG time) and people still THOUGHT that there are no players around.

Standard is slow paced, that is all.

Remember tha 1/10/100 rule. 100 people are active somewhere, 10 read the forums and 1 posts.

Finally, we need help from the playerbase to maintain it strong. Get old players back and bring at least 1 new in. The cycle is vicous and it is hard to keep an old universe going. We do lose money by not opening new universes. The optimal is to open a new universe every 3 months. We won't do that before securing our old universes. That is all.

Or wait, not all. It is a tough period for browser games of this type. We need to rally now.

Hand..

Just a point but instead of saying how bad things are lets try and be more constructive and bring some suggestions to the table... You never know one of these ideas may be just what we need..

One suggestion I have is based on the point that most servers have established players n00bs find it hard to catch up.. So then double development time and resources wise for players in n00b protection.. Speed up their ability to grow..Once out of n00b protection their game play falls inline to all other players on the same server..jmo.it may help.

check sugestion topics
there are tons awesome sugestions
that players wanna that it was import to game
zorg too slowly add new thing in game

i remember when extrema was extreme now its simple boring

Code: Select all

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/Akatcuki/Peinxd2323555.jpg