Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: ATACKING

Istalris wrote:
Maul64 wrote:If you can use the glitch to hide your fleets and not to attack lower ranking players, I'd say it's legitimate strategy, and not cheating.
Yes but the actual act of using the glitch counts as bug exploitation. See rule 2;

2.Bug exploitation
You must not take advantage of any bug found. You have to report bugs immediately to game administration/forums.

-Istalris-
Has Zorg said that fluctuating rank is an exploit? Or is this just a few players considering it so? Cause if the other player fleet saves at the reset as well, his rank will drop along with yours, meaning he's still not attackable.

I love the concept of fluctuating rank. If it's possible, maybe the building/research ranks are updated hourly for the whole universe. But the fleet rank is updated everytime that player puts a fleet in space, and only for that player. Should save some server hassle if ranking updates are limited to just that player when the fleets in the air.

This would completely remove what you are saying is an exploit, from being possible. Since if your fleet rank is low enough to turn the target from green, to white, then your fleet in dock is so damn small, that the targets own fleet/defenses would be comparable.

Hmm I experienced the same thing too. A newbie below 1/5 of my points attacked me and I couldn't attack him back. What is going on? :?
We came in PEACE! But you came in Pieces.

Daddy, I am your father.

Nobody's perfect. I am Nobody!

Alright who's next to be liberated from freedom?

-You cannot attack or be attacked during rank update.
-Flying fleets power is not counted. Do not use this tactic to attack people that should be otherwise protected or I guarantee you will get yourself in trouble.

Ranking will be rewritten as currently it needs some millions of calculations each hour to update and obviously this trend has to change to save server resources as well as to speed up the whole procedure.

Zorg wrote:-You cannot attack or be attacked during rank update.
-Flying fleets power is not counted. Do not use this tactic to attack people that should be otherwise protected or I guarantee you will get yourself in trouble.

Ranking will be rewritten as currently it needs some millions of calculations each hour to update and obviously this trend has to change to save server resources as well as to speed up the whole procedure.
My fleets pretty much been in the air for 48ish hours I think. So I have no idea how much it affects my rank. Is there a rule of thumb to figure this out? Like X number of cruisers = y points?