Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: Game ends when?

You are right raineyday5, i would definatley quit too. Also i think it would annoy people more if they bought rubies as well. :(

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

:? I never thought people actually want a game that last's forever. *scratches head*

What would happen if it does?
I think if it goes on for too long, patterns would be created.
Like the top would always be on top and the lows still on lows.
Top players may change but that may also end up as a part of the pattern.
Most part of the game is assessable (took some time to find the right word :) ). There are only few wild cards to stir excitement.

But if there are a upgrades every now and then (like new buildings, ships, option etc.), people would have something to look forward to.

An idea popped in my head. :lol:
A marathon where you can join anytime and there is no finish line.
ROFL
Seasons end.

Zorg wrote:We are planning a suprise new feature that will let the users decide this.
You're going to let the users decide this? Talk about screwing over the Top 25 players! Everyone outside of the Top 25 (the majority of casual users) would jump at the chance to set everyone's points to zero simply because it would be the easy thing to do.

If this is being seriously considered, I'd appreciate knowing it right now so I can consider immediately closing my account.

Slash wrote:You're going to let the users decide this? Talk about screwing over the Top 25 players! Everyone outside of the Top 25 (the majority of casual users) would jump at the chance to set everyone's points to zero simply because it would be the easy thing to do.
I despise any form of government where the opinion of Aristotle is weighed equal to that of the village idiot.
I forgot where I read that. :D
Seasons end.

you forget to think about the new people that will qui because they will keep getting destroyed and raped by the top 20 people.

you have to look at both ends. people will quit either way. the good players will be good no matter what but at least the newer people can have the hope that they will advance more after a reset. the way this game is structured calls for resets. in not even 2 months empires advanced to huge sizes. i dont even know how big the fleets are of the top players
You can't stop me I'm on a boat!

Sadbutrue wrote:you forget to think about the new people that will qui because they will keep getting destroyed and raped by the top 20 people.

you have to look at both ends. people will quit either way. the good players will be good no matter what but at least the newer people can have the hope that they will advance more after a reset. the way this game is structured calls for resets. in not even 2 months empires advanced to huge sizes. i dont even know how big the fleets are of the top players
In other words, if the games isn't easy new people will quit while those who work hard at the game are kicked to the curb? That's a crock. And it devalues the worth of the game.

How about putting it in a different perspective: losers will control the outcome of this game.

I've been playing a similar game for years. No resets and we still hear the same whining. "I'm getting killed by a strong player" or "It's too hard to be a top player". Makes me sick. Everyone wants things handed to them. They don't have the character or guts to try hard at something. And they're the same ones who don't fleet save or do any investigating on how to grow stronger. They leave tons of resources about and scream bloody murder when someone takes it. In essence, punks who think they should be entitled to something without earning it would be in control of terminating my hard work.

Well, screw the punks.

this would be a different story if everyone started at the same time. even in 2-3 months from now the top players are on top and will stay on top.

what is wrong with having a high scores list and save the record of the game and start over. I have played games with resets and the same people are on top regardless. its not like the good players are banned after resets. this way players have difficulties and it keeps the game interesting. its not like only the big get reset, everyone does. dont you want to prove your abilities to new people and not have them say that you are only better since you had a head start of several months? a year?
You can't stop me I'm on a boat!

Seeing as there is almost no limits on buildings, research and fleet, it would really suck if you're the one on top.
(If you're playing warcraft DoTA, it's the same as when your foes quit right after you complete the divine rapier. :D )
You end up saying "WTF?! that's it?"

But a game for more than a year? I don't think I have the patience for that.
I love the thrill when the end game is nearing. When you have to give everything you've got and go all out. Then laugh about it once the smoke settles.
Then the next question: "Would you like to play another set?"
Seasons end.