Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: How do I put ships in space?

From what I have read so far, your ships are grounded on your planet. When you have an incoming attack they automatically launch and defend the planet. The only way for them to orbit a planet for defense is to have an ACS Depot to supply the ships with Deuterium when defending in orbit. I don't see the difference between defending a planet with your ships automatically launched vs. orbiting. Maybe one of the Mods can shed light on that.

-Nitro

ACS Defend is a function used by a player to send their own ships to orbit a friends planet to help defend them. While orbiting the players fleet will consume their friends deuterium and will take on their friends battle techs.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

I guess that means you don't have a deploy option to a planet you do not own. I suspect this is the way to help defend others without the gaming accidentally combining your fleet with theirs and then you no longer having control to reclaim your fleet. That makes sense since the game doesn't have tribes/factions where you have different ship types based on your ancestry.

-Nitro