Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: Planet Defence

This is an ACS universe- which means that a whole bunch of nasties could form together and take down just about any defense. But you do want to protect against the cargo attackers by building a combination of rocket launchers (as fodder that allows your bigger stuff to do the real damage), lasers, cannons, and of course, shield domes.

As a suggestion, you can ward off most casual attackers with something like this:

1000 Rocket Launchers
500 Light Lasers
50 Gauss Cannons
5 Plasma Turrets
1 Small and 1 Large Shield Domes.

As long as you keep it in the ratios listed above, smaller quantities work when you're starting out.

The very best defense is Fleet Saving. It's the only real way of keeping your resources safe while you're away.

Slash
Only the very rich can afford that kind of a defence,Save flights are the only way to save your stuff,unless of could you get hit before you have space flight,or can only afford to build a couple small transports,then of course there is nothing that can be done

Anderson, it's a matter of them being destroyed during and attack or not. There is no "health" other than the quantity of the defenses. Weapons tech multiplies their power and that is never diminished by an attack.

Drakkon, as I stated in my previous post, while the quantity is high (and expensive) it's the ratios that need to be observed. With the current game calculations I believe that once players reach higher level what I posted will be considered a "standard" defense.