Re: Last One to Post Wins

Because there is a group of materials called high-temperature superconductors that achieve their critical temperatures, and therefore zero electrical resistance, at (relatively) easy to reach temperatures. For example, the superconductor Yttrium Barium Copper Oxide hits its critical temperature at negative 178 degrees centigrade. Relatively low level levitation has been achieved with these substances already.

Possible origin for future anti-gravity technology?
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

So this only occurs with super conductors or when any object reaches cold temperatures?why would super conductors levitate because they are at critical temperatures anyway?this doesn't exclude them from gravitation and the cold would actually make them denser thus eliminating the only viable reason I can see for them floating;the cold somehow influencing the buoyancy of the superconductor to the air around it.
Gale points:ummm to far behind to care and too long since I got one to remember

That which is written without effort is usually read without enjoyment.

Only superconductors experience the phenomena because they have zero electrical resistance.

The reason can be explained quite simply; when a super conductor breaches it's critical temperature, it repels magnetic fields. Also losing any internal magnetic field it had before reaching said temperature.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...